Highly reliable frameless backlight display for video wall installations
he black LFV5 Series TH-47LFV5U 47″ Full HD Widescreen Direct LED-Backlit IPS Video Wall Display from Panasonic features a super-narrow bezel for seamless multi-screen layouts. The bezel-to-bezel joints are only 0.19″ (0.49 cm) in thickness, because of which the screen borders can barely be seen in large-screen configurations. The display is built with pre-calibrated uniformity for multi-screen usage so that installation is simple and fast.
• The display features an IPS panel that has a wide viewing angle of 178°, so colors don’t change when the image is viewed from right or left angles. Information can be accurately displayed to groups of people in large areas, like public spaces. The direct-lit LED backlight helps maintain optimum black levels in dark areas while bright areas are displayed more brightly to achieve a high level of contrast.
• The anti-glare layer scatters light reflected from the sun or illumination to reduce glare. This provides greater visibility, thereby making this display suitable for surveillance stations high-traffic areas such as airports, museums, and retail stores.
• The use of a highly durable panel and electronic components allows for continuous 24-hour operation. A built-in cooling fan automatically operates (when set to Auto) depending on the temperature. This prevents overheating in the upper screens of a multi-screen installation, which are easily subject to heating.
• The Multi-Display function enlarges images up to five times their original size, both vertically and horizontally. It enlarges images by the same zoom ratio in both vertical and horizontal directions, such as 2 x 2, 3 x 3, 4 x4 and 5 x 5, or by different ratios in order to effectively use vertically or horizontally elongated spaces. LCD display versatility can be further enhanced by freely selecting the zoom ratio to match the installation space.
• Video Wall Sizes to Match the Installation Location
The video wall size can be customized to match the installation location. For example, a 2 x 2 configuration would yield a combined display size of 94″. Likewise, a 3 x 3 configuration would yield a 141″ video wall.
• Video Signals for up to 10 Displays and Control Signals for up to 25 Displays
The terminal board of the monitor is equipped with DVI-I and serial output terminals. DVI signals for up to 10 displays and serial signals for up to 25 displays can be transmitted via a daisy chain connection. This enables a multi-screen system to be configured using only displays and video sources without the need of a video splitter. Using a Remote Control Kit (sold separately), up to 25 displays can be operated with a single remote control. 1
• Super Narrow Bezel for Seamless Large-Screen Layouts
The super-narrow bezel results in joints that are only 0.19″ (0.49 cm) wide for video wall installations. Even in large-screen configurations, the screen borders can barely be seen, so images appear more natural.
• Anti-Glare Layer to Suppress Ambient Light Reflection
The anti-glare layer reduces glare by scattering the light reflected from the sun or illumination, thereby enhancing the visibility of text and images.
• Direct-Lit LED Backlight
Optimum black levels are maintained in dark areas while bright areas are displayed more brightly to achieve a high level of contrast.
• Pre-Calibrated Colors
The colors of the monitor are pre-calibrated prior to factory shipment to minimize color differences between displays for multi-screen use. This makes it possible to display a single image without any visible differences from display to display. The user can store color adjusted data in the main unit memory. By simply retrieving the stored data, the unit can be re-installed without bothersome calibration. 2
• User Memory Function
The color adjusted data can be stored in the display’s memory. By simple retrieving the stored data, the color settings can be restored without bothersome calibration.
• Wide Viewing Angle
The IPS panel has a wide viewing angle, so colors don’t change when the image is viewed from right or left angles. Information can be accurately displayed to groups of people in large areas, like public spaces.
• Seam Hides Video Mode
When this mode is turned off, a full-screen image of the display panel is displayed, including edges (the entire width of the frame). This is especially suitable for displaying text information since text is not overlapped by the frame. The image areas that are hidden by borders can be adjusted in both vertical and horizontal directions.
• Multi-Screen System Dynamically Displays Images in Large Spaces
The Multi-Display function enlarges images up to five times their original size, both vertically and horizontally. It enlarges images by the same zoom ratio in both vertical and horizontal directions, such as 2 x 2, 3 x 3, 4 x 4 and 5 x 5, or by different ratios in order to effectively use vertically or horizontally elongated spaces. LCD display versatility can be further enhanced by freely selecting the zoom ratio to match the installation space. 3
• High Reliability Enables Continuous 24-Hour Operation
The use of a highly durable panel and electronic components allows continuous 24-hour operation, which makes the display suitable for installation in public places and surveillance stations. A built-in cooling fan automatically operates (when set to Auto) depending on the temperature. This prevents overheating in the upper screens of a multi-screen installation, which are easily subject to heating. 4
• Cover Frame Kit for Additional Protection
Attaching the 0.02″ (0.4mm) metal cover frame to the unit provides even stronger protection against impact. The joints between the body and the cover are free from gaps. The screw holes for attaching the frame cannot be seen. 5
• Screen Saver
• The screen saver reduces the possibility of afterimages or image retention that can occur when displaying still images with constant, unchanging brightness for long periods of time. The Auto Power Off setting can also be set to automatically turn the power off when the screen saver operation ends
• Power-On Delay Function
For video walls and other multi-unit applications, this function automatically shifts the power-on time slightly for each display unit in the system, so there is less load on the power supply.
• Automatic Picture Positioning
Pressing the Auto Setup key on the remote control allows positioning the picture. This function automatically corrects the horizontal and vertical picture positions, the clock phase, and the dot clock when an RGB signal is input. The adjustment results in optimal standard values for horizontal and vertical picture sizes. 6
• ۱:۱ Pixel Mode
The 1:1 Pixel mode maps the 1920 x 1080 video content to Full HD panel pixels to display the entire original content. By skipping the scaling process, this mode is able to produce high-definition images in their original, 1:1 pixel form
Screen Size (Diagonal) : 46.9″ (119.2 cm)
Effective Screen Size : 40.9 x 23.0″ (104.0 x 58.5 cm)
Panel Type : IPS
Backlight Type : Direct LED
Aspect Ratio (Widescreen) : 16:9
Maximum Resolution : 1920 x 1080 pixels
Brightness : 500 cd/m2 (typical)
Contrast Ratio : 1400:1
Dynamic Contrast Ratio : 500000:1
Response Time (GtG) : 12 ms
Viewing Angle (H/V) : 178° / ۱۷۸°
Panel Life : Approximately 60,000 hours
Surface Treatment : Anti‑glare treatment (haze 10%)Video Inputs
Composite : 1 x BNC; 1 Vpp (75 Ω)
HDMI : 1 x HDMI Type A
۱ x BNC (set)
Y: 1 Vpp (75 Ω); Pb: 0.7 Vpp (75 Ω); Pr: 0.7 Vpp (75 Ω)
DVI-D Input : 1 x 24-pin DVI-D
۱ x 15-pin mini D-Sub (female)
RGB: 0.7 Vpp (75 Ω); H/CS/V: TTL (2.2 kΩ); SOG: 1 Vpp (75 Ω)Video Outputs
DVI-I Output : 1 x 29-pin DVI-D
Audio Input :
۱ x Pin jack (set) for component input), 0.5 Vrms
۱ x Pin jack (set) for composite input), 0.5 Vrms
۱ x Stereo mini jack (M3) for VGA/PC input), 0.5 Vrms
۱ x Stereo mini jack (M3) for DVI-D input), 0.5 Vrms
Audio Output : 1 x Pin jack (set)
Speaker Out : 20 W (10 W + 10 W)Control
Serial In/Out : 1 x 9-pin D-Sub (In), 1 x 9-pin D-Sub (Out); RS-232 Compatible
LAN : 1 x RJ45 for Web browser control only
IR Transmitter In/Out : 1 x Input, 1 x OutputOther Features
Multi-Screen Display : Yes (N x M, up to 5 x 5)
Daisy Chain Capability : Yes (DVI, maximum 10 displays)
Daisy Chain :
Remote Daisy Chain: Yes (DVI, up to 25 displays)
Serial Control Daisy Chain: Yes (up to 25 displays)
Orientation : Landscape / Portrait
Operating Time : 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
۱:۱ pixel mode, automatic picture position, screen saver, remote operation lock,
power-on screen delay, seam hides video off mode, heat status,
setting user memory function, color calibratedElectrical
Power Input : 110 to 127 VAC, 50/60 Hz
Power Consumption : 160 W
Standby Power : Approximately 0.5 WCertifications
Safety Regulations : UL60950‑۱, CAN/CSA‑۲۲٫۲ No 60950‑۱
Radiation Regulations : FCC Part 15 Class‑A, ICES‑۰۰۳Environmental
Operating: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Storage: ‑۴ to 140°F (‑۲۰ to 60°C)
Humidity (Non-condensing) :
Operating: 10 to 90%
Storage: 10 to 90%Physical
Material of Construction : Metal
VESA Pattern : 400 x 400 mm; Installed by M6 screws; Screw hole depth 0.57″ (1.45 cm)
Bezel Width :
Left/Top: 0.12″ (0.32 cm)
Right/Bottom: 0.07″ (0.17 cm)
Multi-Monitor : Bezel-to-Bezel: 0.19″ (0.49 cm)
Dimensions (W x H x D) : 41.2 x 23.3 x 4.3″ (104.5 x 59.0 x 10.9 cm)
Weight : Approximately Approximately 55.1 lb (25.0 kg)